Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Lots of LEARNING

 


Since the beginning of COVID, I have been immersing myself in 'learning online' with art courses offered of ALL KINDS.  Determined to revisit, practice and refine a multiplicity of mediums and techniques.  I feel it has been a winner of an undertaking.  These courses have kept me busy in the studio and pushed my nose to the grindstone.  The gains in comfort and ease with materials has me open to DOING LOTS of new and refreshing/replenishing artwork. This piece was done under the guidance of Robert Kelley who is teaching under karabullockart.com.  This is the 6th course I have been absorbed in.  Kara offers stellar and substantial learning opportunities.  
"Frank'" - the above canine - was done in willow and vine charcoal, kneaded eraser (which makes the best marks!), blenders, and cotton balls with charcoal dust.  I have lots of experience with these materials - when I began my art journey (so many years ago), this was pretty much all I used, so this part of my practice is like visiting an old friend. 

These days, working with any DUSTING materials, I wear a mask.  Not a problem, as wearing a mask is a new comfort over the past two years - right?

Moving forward to be more consumed and captivated with this genre.




2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice. Learning online is a good use of time.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks for your comment. Yep - lately I have learned too much..slowing down on that a bit so I can practice what I have learned.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!