Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Testing 1 - 2 - 3

I am passionate about "pet portraits" and I have a commission right now. It's a black lab. Those of you who capture a likeness of pets, know that any breed is not just that breed. Each dog (or any pet) has such a personality and character. I have several photos of "Shiloh". Black animals are harder to do, has to be a good photo showing the light reflected on their coat. I wanted to warm up to what she looked like, with a small pastel of her resting after playing in the snow - before moving on to a larger more important piece. I am pleased with the way it turned out, it looks just like her! She had cancer. I hear of that with so many dogs, way before their time. The owners loved her dearly.

"Shiloh" - 8" x 10" framed, pastel on Canson paper

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!