Saturday, July 12, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday

Well, actually I stood here on Saturday, and I am probably still asleep as you read this, you early birds. Our NCKAA group had a show at the Downs, Kansas 'Celebration'. There were 8 of us. We set up for 12 hours. 'Small town, big life' is their motto this year. Lots of very nice people came by to view our fine art. I got out the old pegboard easels I used to use long time ago - used to have 7, but they got grabbed up by teachers as we used them for charts and big books in early primary grades, so now I am down to 3. Perfect for just a small show, where we were only asked to bring a few. Notice I brought 7, though (8 if you count the large one on another easel).
I am standing on the bricks outside the old train depot, where names are engraved for those who donated to the progress of the renovation and preservation of this building.
I used the time for sketching, too, so check out my sketch blog. Below are a few photos of my set-up and what the depot looks like.



Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. If you would like to also post this subject, please let me know. There are several of us (see my sidebar) and we would love to add your blog to our list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such an artistic eye - your photos are beautiful. I wish I lived close enough to see your artwork in person - so glad you share it here on your blog.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Kay. The blog is what keeps me going somedays!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!