Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day Nine of Twelve Days in Guatemala

Our last day at Lake Atitlan. On this day, we hired three models who came to the gardens and posed for 2 hours in the hot sun. I painted 'Amilcar' who was 16 years old. He was dressed in his 'traje' (trah-hay) - the local dress for males of the area.

"Amilcar" - 9" x 12" oil on canvasboard
After lunch, I didn't feel too well. It believe it had finally gotten to me. We were always careful to drink bottled water, but I think the change in foods and just plain eating so often and so much, may have done a number on my stomach. I had to take some 'down time'. Ugh. I was never the same the rest of the trip, but didn't let it stop me from really soaking everything up. The only thing I missed was doing the "zipline" through the jungle with a few of the others. Bummer. Went to bed early, we were to be up and at em in the morning to go to Antigua, via the marketplace at Chichicastenango.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!