Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day Seven of Twelve Days in Guatemala

We painted the scene I showed you last post. Mine needs lots of work, if I was going to improve it, which I probably won't. The boats are too large and I don't have my middle tone green painted in yet, but the light was changing so fast. I needed binoculars to see it well from where I was standing, across the little bay. Not one of my favorites. So, just good practice!
"Across the Inlet at Hotel Atitlan" - 9" x 12" oil on canvasboard
After lunch we watched Kaye paint some garden flowers, some joined in, others watched. I watched anytime I could, cause I learn best that way. This is the group watching and painting in the gardens.

And this is the painting I did of some potted plants. I liked this one! It came out OK, because the sun cooperated a little more.
"Hotel Atitlan Plants" - 9" x 12" oil on canvasboard
The good thing about this place is I could get on the internet, finally. It is crazy when you are away from your peeps! Hurricane Gustav was going on, and I started to wonder about the trip home...with all that weather in the way. The Democratic National Convention was going on and Obama gave his speech which I got to see and hear, so I didn't feel so isolated anymore. Lots going on in the world is harder to take if you are in a third world country, but CNN in English was on every place that had a TV.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!