Sunday, April 25, 2010

Where I Stand Sunday

Dualing mowers attack the landscape - preening and cutting it to perfection!
Actually this is where I stood Saturday before the rains.  My thoughts go out today to those in the southern parts of the U.S. affected by the bad weather and tornadoes. 
 I feel your anguish.  The season is upon us.
I say "8 acres" - but we can really only mow about 2/3rds of that amount due to the woods (that we stay out of during tick season) seen in the top left corner of the photo.  This Spring, we have EVERY tree imaginable bloom and blossom - some ornamental trees I thought -  'didn't have it in them'.  Amazing beauty - hopefully some amazing apricots, cherries, mulberry and apples!

Cherry tree.
In the studio today - having a disagreement with a canvas.  Going to set it straight.

Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.

2 comments:

Earthula said...

Mowing the lawn..and lawn and lawn!

I hope you straightened out that canvas.

Thank you for your standing today.

Dean Grey said...

Ahhh, everything looks so manicured!

-Dean

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!