Sunday, January 16, 2011

Where I Stand Sunday

Actually this post should be titled "Where I Sit Sunday". There are a few NFL football teams I root for.  For the most part, they didn't make it to the play-offs.  One of the teams made it to today..and they aren't doing too well.  I was in between times in the studio, think I will head back..
Things are more exciting in the studio.
I am working on a dog painting.
(And how does a big dog like that fit into a little chair like that? 
You wouldn't know he has a titanium plate down his front leg
because he can get into a REAL ball even in smaller spaces than this one.)

Oh, and just to give equal time...a red dachshund burrowed into his blanket on the couch beside me.

In the sidebar, I am posting a different attempt every few days of what I am learning over at Strathmore Visual Journal Workshop.  If you click on my picture there, you will go to the page where you can sign up...and even though they are in the third week, you can catch up - if you have some of the supplies and are resourceful.  I have learned that many things can be substituted - cause you sure can't get them around here.   

It's free, a whole different group of people to interact with...it gives me a different outlet to creativity and DO I have materials I can use, yes I do - and it let's me use my art in a recycled/humorous/lighthearted sense.  I have taken a side interest in journals, bookbinding and mixed media collaging.  It's quite fun, refreshing, a change and I like the results.  This is an invitation, see you there!!
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!