Friday, April 1, 2011

Dog Pastel

Sometimes, artists need to freshen their source material archives with new and inspiring photos.  On request, I recently sent some photos of my dogs to Texas pastel artist/friend Karen Hargett.  She has done a wonderful portrait on velour of our weimaraner, Bailey.  I think this is an awesome portrait of him, don't you?  He is a handsome boy.  The title is "Elegance" - altho' if you knew Bailey, he is a diamond in the rough!  Thanks for doing such a great job Karen!  I love it!
"Elegance" by Karen Hargett

3 comments:

Karen Hargett said...

Pattie thanks so much for letting me use your photos as reference and for posting the finished painting of Bailey on your blog. Did you know there isn't a "weimaraner" color in my pastels - I almost panicked - LOL!
Thanks again!

Pattie Wall said...

Hey Karen, Oh but there is! You made them. Love it!

suzanneberry said...

this is just stunning! thanks for sharing it.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!