Sunday, April 15, 2012

Where I Stand Sunday

Yes, I am back to 'standing'!  Been out in the studio (where I sit) for a little bit every day for the last 3 days...today, storms were brewing again, so had to come in, not to be caught on the driveway in the wind and the rain..navigation goes all to hell.
Feels good to be at this stage, getting there but still a long way to go.
Able to put almost half weight on my left leg.  My arms and armpits are 'toast' with these crutches.  Didn't use the walker..it was too weird -
it didn't work the way I had envisioned it. So crutches it is!

The little dog that I painted above, (in my blog banner) Lucky, was here with her owners over
Easter.  A few days ago, back in New Mexico, she was on a hike with my sister-in-law, got into a chase of a deer herd, and didn't return as the other two dogs did.  She's missing, but she's a survivor. We are crossing our fingers that she is found..safe and alive.
Come home, Lucky!!
(Update:  Sadly - I have to report that Lucky is no longer with us.  She chased the deer so far and for so long. She was found about 20 yards from the top of the canyon on a deer trail, lying beneath a bush. 
June figured she was exhausted and dehydrated and
just couldn't make it up the deer trail out of the very steep canyon to the top of the mesa. 
We ALL will miss this sprite of a dog, full of energy and spunk. 
Her spirit inspired me.)

Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
There are several others who also write this on Sunday, see sidebar.

5 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

{{{Huge whoops and cheers from Pennsylvania}}}!!! I actually got goosebumps when I saw this post, Pattie. It is so wonderful to see those two feet standing again, even with the benefit of crutches. You have come such a long way! Also very happy to know you have been working in your studio.
I have been thinking of you this weekend - know that the midwest was being pummeled with tornadoes. Glad to know that you are safe and sound.
Love your new paintings - know how good it has to feel to immerse yourself in your art!

Barbara Pask said...

It is great to see you putting weight on that leg, you have done so great. Are you in therapy yet? At least the weather is warming up so you can get out and into your studio. I don't see the painting of Lucky?? I hope he returns safe and sound, how scary.

Victoria on Okinawa said...

So glad to see your progress!!! Be careful with those crutches under your armpits, they could cause you even more damage if you are using your armpits instead of your hands and arms. Praying you will be stronger soon to use your walker.

Pattie Wall said...

Claire, I am excited too. Lots of work to do. Some of it is a surprise. Tornadoes stayed away, went to the east or to the west as they were headed most always on a northeast direction. One did hit us 4 years ago...did some major damage, took us the rest of the summer to patch things up. Barb - in therapy - going again this morning. We were going RVing, but after the weather the place where we were going is too muddy, flooded out. So maybe next week or the week after? Victoria, the damage has already begun, but from ALWAYS being on them since this happened. It is not as bad now, because the weight distribution helps. I just need a different boot, this one is the boot from hell..it doesn't work right. I may finally get my way with a different one next week when we go up to Nebraska to see the surgeon again. Thanks for thinking of me, everyone. I appreciate it!

Pattie Wall said...

Forgot to add, and have since in the post, Lucky is the dog in my blog banner.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!