Saturday, July 25, 2015

Under Construction..

Under construction ~ figuratively speaking.
This is the idea I had to put this one
together.  They are 6" x 6"
oils painted on wood.
I drilled holes in the four corners of each.
They will be mounted on a 30" x 9"
piece of painted wood with
screws with decorative washers.
I am always experimenting with
or thinking about
 different ways 
to finish my paintings.
This one is a take-off
of a similar idea
a few years back.
They are just propped on the easel in this photo, trying out the spacing.
I may change the order between #1 and #2...for composition purposes.
The paint dries fairly quick on these wood pieces, unless it's mixed with white,
which much of it is. It will be awhile
til they are dry enough to be completed.
I used a little drying medium - we'll
see if it helps.

CHECK OUT NEW LISTINGS IN MY ETSY SHOP!

2 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

Very, very cool idea! I love your work.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Laurie - I can't wait for them to dry. Will have an update soon, I hope!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!