Monday, February 15, 2016

A Farm Country Landscape in Oil


"Sunrise Over Corn Residue"
48" x 24"
oil on wrapped canvas

It was a bugger to take a final photo of this painting.  Each day 
I quickly snapped a progress photo of it (see two previous posts) 
with my smart phone.  
As you might have seen, that left side sort of caught the north window light.
It kept doing the same on my final photo with my
Nikon camera - curtains closed I could not get any natural light,
just the yellow light from bulbs in fixtures - was NOT TRUE to what
the painting looks like.
 With just my color correcting overhead florescent lights - NOT TRUE.
I had to take it outside - prop it up on two chairs and balance it with help
from DH.  He is my favorite helper and best critic.

I am sad this one is done.  I really looked forward to it everyday!
Think tomorrow calls for making another LARGE canvas.



2 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

I meant to comment on this one when I saw it on FB. It is fantastic, must be stunning in life!!!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Diane! I appreciate your visit! And the photo doesn't do it that justice.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!