Saturday, February 6, 2016

Challenges/Challenges

Another artist requested that I accept a nomination to post my art for 5 consecutive days on Facebook this week as a FB Challenge, so I did..but seeing's how I just painted 30 NEW paintings, I thought I would share older ones that I deem closer to what I can really do, given a bit more time to paint.   I was glad to share them and thought I would also share them here.  One almost forgets certain paintings once they move on.  Daily paintings are good, fun exercise like the 30 in 30, but I never feel like I have even touched a subject when I attempt finishing in a day.  I like 2 - 3 days paintings. Some of these took many days more than that, some didn't.

Here are the 5, I have posted this week on my Pattie Wall ~ Fine Artist page on Facebook
(you can go to it and LIKE my page, I would appreciate it):
"Gibbon Falls River/Yellowstone"
18" x 24"
oil on wrapped canvas

"Kelli Fishing"
8" x 10"
oil on clayboard


"Sungirls"
6" x 8"
oil on canvasboard

"Simpson Depot"
6" x 8"
oil on canvasboard

"The Art of Grazing"
18" x 36"
oil on wrapped canvas

Three belong to other people now - two I wanted to keep.  But I still love looking at them
and remembering the time I spent enjoying the loving
task of painting them.


2 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

These are all so beautiful, Pattie. And I know what you mean; I painted so fast for so long, that I can't wait to take some time with a painting. The problem is, I'm in a rut! But I'll get back to it. Keep up the beautiful work. I love your style!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Laurie - I know the rut too. I got out my oils again (which I am just going to have to say, are my fave of all) and got going with a 24" x 48" - lovin' it so much! I have been missing them so much!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!