Monday, October 15, 2018

Day 5 of Alla Prima Westcliffe

This was the last day for painting anything that was worthy of entering in the show.  I joined many others at the Music Meadows Ranch, an operating horse and cattle ranch/ a Dude (or Dudette) Ranch in the south part of Custer County.  In particular, it is run by mostly chicks (women).   A really lovely place...we had a model in the morning - a BBQ 'TexMex style' lunch (yummy) and there was a horse drawn wagon model in the afternoon, that I missed, as I left to go decide which paintings to mat and frame for the intake of the show on the next day. I had a lot of work to do and frames to probably empty for re-use - I always do.
Didn't think this painting for today was very good, I had a good vantage point, but I chose a surface size that was all wrong for the subject..anyway, had fun painting it quickly - there were ever changing sunrays underneath that tree, however, painting en plein air - there are NO EXCUSES.  It's a technique that is quick and really can't be reckoned with.






They have a completely different view of the Sangres than I do - but always beautiful, just the same.

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

The light on that horse is gorgeous, Pattie!
And what a view!
Thanks so much for writing about this wonderful experience. I really enjoyed it!

Pattie Wall said...

I truly, OOLY, thank you from the bottom of my heart for following along and leaving comments and reactions - it's one way, I know I have posted my thoughts on this blog! Thank you Chris!!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!