Monday, October 15, 2018

The Alla Prima Westcliffe Show/Reception

The final show was held at the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe, Colorado (USA) by the Sangres Art Guild.  I entered my three pieces (out of 7 that I painted for the week) view on previous post, click here and here.  There were 39 artists that participated and 102 art piece entries (an official count) - we spilled over from the 1st to the 2nd floor of the gallery. There was food and drinks and a Bossa-Nova/Swing/Jazz band.

 Listening for the winning pieces and prizes!

 This piece won Best of Show, I just love it! (by Jennifer Reifenberg)
This painting took second place - it was one of my faves, too! (by Cliff Austin)
There were other awards - have photos of them all, just can't find them right now, story of my life.

 All in all - this was an awesome event - for the full week! Didn't think
I would actually get through it, but I did, thanks to the weather and the
great planning and smooth operation of the whole week.  Thanks to
the Sangres Art Guild members who diligently kept everything running
smoothly without a hitch or a glitch!  And a huge thank you to the people
who let me paint on their private property.
And thanks to Tim Deibler, who sparked an interest in learning MORE 
about painting plein air with oil paint.  I am a forever and willing pupil!

ADDENDUM - from 1 - 3 PM on this day you could attend a viewing of the BIG art show "Art for the Sangres".  Grand that this event is held about 2 miles down the hill from where I live at the "Painted View Ranch".  Hubby and I attended...what a treat!  So inspiring!  This event is held as a benefit for the San Isabel Land Protection Trust.  A dinner and show and sale and auction was held that night for members and guests.

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

A great experience for you, and an exciting night for all, I'm sure. Thanks for the great photos, Pattie!

Pattie Wall said...

It sure was, thanks!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!