Monday, February 24, 2020

An Oil Painting of a Coyote

"Eyeing Lunch"
11" x 14"
oil on Judson plein air panel

While painting plein air 2 years ago at the Music Meadows Ranch, I left that area and went "subject hunting" on the back roads of my area (truth be told, about every road in this area, could be called 'back roads'). Anyway, I had my P 900 Nikon camera with me.  It has a great telephoto lens on it, I captured this coyote stealthing along the fence line with the obvious intent of finding a prey.  Coyotes in the daytime, not a USUAL sight in these parts, 
but you can see them if you look hard enough, foxes, too.  BTW, he was SO camouflaged walking in that tall grass that was the same color as he was.

I purchased some Judson Outfitters plein air panels about that time, as well.  Decided to try one for this painting.  I LOVE this surface!  I plan to get more.  The surface is silky smooth and seems to help decrease the drying time of the oil paint.
You can see more about these panels and  the price HERE.

It seems safe to leave a comment below and helps me to know that 
a 'reader' visited this site. Thanks!


No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!