Thursday, February 27, 2020

Using Up the References

'Mark making' with pastel has always been my favorite medium.  I think I was about 12, when I got my first set.  I still have SOME of those pastels...and many many others.  I have a favorite.  Terry Ludwig , in Littleton, makes THE best..they are true butter in your hand and on the paper..just a little pricey when I consider all the other medium I have and use.  I have a few pieces. So, someday soon, I feel - life is short, I am reminded often.  I also use pastel pencils - my favorites are the colors, more than the brands. 

Stick pastels are sorted into colors and dark to light.  Pencil pencils live in cups within general color together.  This is the way it has been for it seems a lifetime.
I have several reference photos from a 'reference seeking' journey and place to plein air paint that I took on a road close-by. This is the tree stand off of Sampson Ridge Road.  I did some plein air painting up in that area, last year.  I never leave an eye catching place, until I get photos of every angle and view around.  It's like sampling candy at the counter.


"Sampson Ridge Meadow"
pastel on sanded paper
12" x 9"



No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!