Thursday, January 12, 2023

Steady Like an Elephant

 

"Steady Like an Elephant"
9" x 12"
watercolor, Posca pen

One of this week's lesson - was to paint - in complementary neon colors - an elephant.  As I jumped into this year long class, Life Book 2023, I continue to use it as a 'guide' more than a 'copy what the instructor has done'.  I used a different image/source photo to paint from, therefore translating the nuts and bolts of the lesson into my own subject. (Thanks to bek at Unsplash for the use of the image.) The message for this piece was to think about how being 'a creative' and producing art -  can be best served by moving along 'steady like an elephant'.  

I remember - once upon a time, long ago - I needed that 'I copy exactly what you do' activity to actually understand the process with the online 'art lesson' idea.  However, I intend to let this class help to feed 'what do I paint today?' and yep, I learn something about mixing mediums.  If nothing else, it keeps me humming along at the easel or drawing table, providing a vehicle for imagination/stimulation.  It's total inspiration!  These paintings are quick, paint in a day or a few days - but since I haven't been painting much, it's a way to drive myself back into a more serious 'DO ART' mode.  These lessons really address the whole person.  Meditation and soft encouragement are included, if needed.  So come along with me, by visiting back to this blog from time to time, to see what is happening in my art world. (See - the whole thing is - it helps me have something to BLOG about, too.)

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!