Thursday, March 2, 2023

SOCIAL ORDER - a new oil painting by artist Pattie Wall

 


This painting has taken me a very long time, over a year to be exact.  I was having the best time with it but kind of like when golfers get the 'yips' - I quit - and it has been 1/2 finished - staring at me from the wall of my studio.  I loved where it was going, but I think I experienced some fear that I would ruin it to take it to 'finish'.  For me, this is a real - TRUE - fear at the easel - so many times it happens.  So, I finally bolstered my confidence and have been sitting with it - painting on it from time to time,  
the past few weeks and it feels DONE NOW.  
I titled it "SOCIAL ORDER".  It's oil paint on deep wrapped canvas, 18" x 24".
Source photo graciously supplied by Deb Frank.

2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful painting!
The dog fun is spot on. Social Order is a good name.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!