Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Art of Crafting



Between all the work we are doing on the north side of the farmhouse, I have been able to steal away some time to enjoy 'the studio'. Above my granddaughter's crib are various works(needlecraft and others)done by some of the women in her immediate family. This 'name plaque' is my contribution. It is made from an unpainted wood plaque/frame and routed wooden letters. I enjoyed the color selecting and the painting, it was all steady hand practice. While I was at it, I tried some very small work with the toothpick holders. They will be offered on my etsy.com site. See the sidebar for the 'etsy' address. Would love to do more unpainted wood stuff, it's very therapeutic!



No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!