Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Perseverance



I can be found usually working on dishcloths at night, in crochet lately, when it gets too dark, the natural light fades and I am stuck with incandescent or florescent light to do art. I bought an intermediate dishcloth book, just to push me into more difficult things. Last night I did it! I followed the instructions - over and over, trying and ripping out, and trying and ripping out and finally had success with the "cluster/picot" stitch around the edges. Woohoo! I will never be the Queen of Crochet, or Knitting, but as I have said before, it's time to raise the bar a little. I think maybe my challenge with it all, I felt this way last night anyway, is that I have trouble with step-by-step instructions. I have always been one to jump ahead, look at the big picture, not break it down in the parts it should be (and yes, if there are pictures, I most often don't read the instructions - hubster gets a little put out with me when I am helping construct something that has readable instructions, and I go about engineering before I read - carefully). So reading step-by-step and having something happen the right way is a real prize for me at the end of the day. You are never too old to learn something new! Ha Ha!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!