Sunday, March 9, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday


Where I stand, nature has begun it's song of new life.
With each day, the ground changes from it's drab
earthy golden tone to several hues of green.
There is part of this song, that I hear loud and clear.
Toads and snakes and mice and moles,
nesting and brooding and baby birds.
A song that only an entomologist could love.
Those critters that live in the ground
are exercising in their buggish ways.
Soon, there will be fleas and ticks for the dogs,
spiders and mosquitoes for humans
and flies for cows and horses (and my kitchen, too).
Spring's loud whisper is falling on my eyes and ears!
I open my arms wide and let it engulf my soul!

"Where I Stand Sunday" is posted weekly. It helps chronicle the "journey". Too often we take for granted where we stand and where we are involved. Used as a "vehicle" for journaling and a glance at "human geography", I; along with several others; note this day, in this way. I invite you to check "them" out, their blog addresses are in the sidebar to the right, to compare and contrast the human events of Sunday in different parts of the country and maybe the globe! If you would like to join in please leave a comment below with your blog address and we will note it in our sidebar! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too! Beautifully written.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!