Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where I Stand Sunday

DSC_0017I stand in the house of my parents, a half days drive from my house. Although I have never lived in this house, it’s still home..it’s still full of warmth and love.  It’s Mother’s Day and I am glad to be spending it with mom reminiscing about the past and enjoying “just today and every day”…the mom who put up with me throughout the years - all my growing aches, pains and the good stuff, too.  The mom who taught me so much, just by being “my mom” and the great woman she is.  I love you!  Thanks!

Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pattie, Just stopping by to say "hello". Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your mom. I'll be seeing my own mom tomorrow, as we head to her place for a day trip. There is something special, I think, about having my mom still here as I approach 50. I'm old enough to look back and really cherish what I had growing up, and I want to learn as much from her wisdom as I can while she is still here to teach me.

Anyway - blessings to you and yours!

And by the way, I love your store on Etsy - I'm saving up to spend there when I can.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!