Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day Three of Floral Painting

atonofflowers3

After having coffee with fellow artists in Downs, Ks. this morning, was back in the studio to further the large floral I am painting.  I just finished the chrysanthemum petal ID…will be working on more of the light and shadow and subtle pinks and blues that appear in the petals.  Working this large, one can sure use a lot of paint.  Wish there was an artists’ supply store close by, I dread waiting over a week to get my order from art supply catalog places…guess I could plan ahead…but hey, I’m an artist.

5 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

This is looking Great, Pattie!

Leann said...

How beautiful!

Vern Schwarz said...

This is shaping up beautifully Pattie. You must be laying the paint on very generously...there is a very rich feeling to this.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Susan, Leann and Vern. Yes, I wish I had access to more paint - when a tube starts to run out, I get nervous...there are some colors I just can't be without...oh well, paint on!!

r garriott said...

It's a pleasure to see your in progress photos... this is looking quite wonderful!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!