Sunday, December 2, 2012

Where I Stand Sunday

This palette is from 'horse one' and now 'horse two'...
it reminds me of a human portrait palette - interesting.
Horse two is coming along, but far from finished.
For my palette, I use a piece of plexiglass with the 
reverse side spray painted with grey primer.

I have a couple of these..I seem to leave the paint on too long
and it takes forever to scrape it off when I do, 
sometimes I don't want to wait for that one.
Where is a 'studio assistant' when you need one? Ha!
Had I won this week's 'Powerball', 
I would have afforded myself one -
AND a housekeeper and COOK, too.

Today I am excited because I get to do some fun things with my new Dremel 3000 tool.  Never had one, always wanted one..
so I took the leap and purchased one.
I have some wood to do some work on and some decorative gourds - that ought to be good and dry for cleaning out and painting for birdhouses.

These were harvested over a year ago..remember?

Be sure to check out my ETSY shop
still time to ship to you for holiday gift giving.




4 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Pattie - I find the colors on your palette very interesting too. I would have imagined many more browns.
Have fun with your gourds - hope you post them when you are done painting them!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Claire - I worked with my Dremel on wood, fine dust, finer than pastel dust almost - need to use a handkerchief or mask for certain.
If I get to them, before it gets cold next week, I will post. Won't be as easy as I thought the way I want to do them.
On to the drawing board...

Serena Lewis said...

Interesting palette. Have fun with your Dremel! Those gourds look great and will make wonderful birdhouses. :)

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Serena - thinking that activity definitely needs to happen outside with a mask on - the dust flies everywhere, I read to, that you really want to protect yourself from the gourd dust..it's toxic. So - when the weather is warmer - I will be ON IT!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!