Saturday, February 19, 2022

Staying with the Process

 While the process is fresh with painting in oil, I started a new painting - 18" x 26", larger than usual.  There will be somewhat of a lesson on this one.  Two of the wolves have white fur in bright sun - and mixing their colors will be challenging. Here goes.  Underpainting blocked in.

BTW - in such a large space I DID 'grid in' the pencil drawing. I learned something new this year  attending a ZOOM meeting with MAPS (Mid-America Pastel Society) - the presenter, pastelist extraordinaire -Christine Ivers, showed a way to GRID diagonally - which I had never seen before and it really works for me!






2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

You've chosen a group that is very canine, letting their personalities show through.

Pattie Wall said...

They are my favorite - even wrote a unit of study about them back when I was an elementary educator. I have painted them umpteen times - every time out of pure love for these creatures.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!