Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Painting for Today


"Algo pasó en el camino hacia el mercado" (Something Happened on the Way to the Market) - oil painting on canvas board, 8" x 10"
This painting is a little out of character for me. I have been working on it for the last three days. Lots of detail in the folk art pieces, which have fascinated me (done from a picture I saved many years ago) for a long time. As I said in my last blog, it has had an unusual pull on my "dreamscapes" at night. I get excited when a painting moves me that much. It must be part of my current psyche or something. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think. Upon researching it more, I guess the little pink figures represent "las damas de la noche" - ladies of the night.
Still snowing here tonight. The giant flakes are snowing "up" as well as "down", guess that's cause it's a blizzard.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I LOVE this one!! It must feel good painting this when it's snowing out.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!