Sunday, February 17, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday


Today I stand in the studio, that I am trying to get cleaned up. It was a disaster after the storage closet building. Hubster would tell you it was a disaster way before that. Ha! You'll notice I have new tennis shoes, only they were bought over a year ago, they have been in the RV closet. I hate new shoes. They take so long to break in. They never feel like the old ones. But the old ones, are going to turn into the "work" shoes, like outside, in the mud, in the dirt, painting shoes. So, new shoes? You better break in and quick!

Hubster unloaded the NEW (used) kitchen yesterday. It has been in the enclosed trailer for a couple of months. Thanks again Gary and June, for giving us your nice kitchen! Can't wait to see their new one! We have been needing the two wheeler and the furniture dolly, so time to unload that stuff. He had to get the VW running to move it out of the shop and back the trailer in, to unload it. Now all that stuff takes up the shop space and it will haunt us, until we get it figured out and start the project. Probably begin that after we return from Texas, next month. As you can see, there is more than enough great cabinets for the small kitchen we have. Configuring it to the best use is what will be our challenge.



Next, get a load of the skies this morning.

They are looking more like spring skies. It is extremely windy today. Think I will get "to it" or is that "tuit"? Oh, one more thing.


I never thought about it until I ran across the subject while perusing eBay. There is an article here about "fake watercolors". I have used Photoshop with the 'watercolor' feature on several occasions. It makes for interesting wallpaper on a computer screen. I've never thought to use it the way the article claims it to be used. So, read it and beware people! Sometimes I use Photoshop to turn up or tweak the values on a photo I am using on a painting, especially on a low contrast subject, so I can see the darker darks or vice versa.

I can't wait for things to green up a little, the wind to quit being a blaster and the air to become a little warmer so I can do some "plein air" painting (and it better happen soon!) I need some "real" stuff to paint from.
"Where I Stand Sunday" is posted weekly. It helps chronicle the "journey". Too often we take for granted where we stand and what we are involved in. Used as a "vehicle" for journaling and a glance at "human geography", I; along with several others; note this day, in this way. I invite you to check "them" out, their blog addresses are in the sidebar to the right, to compare and contrast the human events of Sunday in different parts of the country and maybe the globe! If you would like to join in (and I encourage you as it is a great writing "prompt"), please leave a comment below with your blog address and we will note it in our sidebar! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!