Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ha, ha, ha, ha....Wipe Out

Remember that 60's song by the Safari's with the insane laugh and drum roll, then a crazy little dance tune? It's on the movie "Dirty Dancing" for those of you who might not be old enough. Well, that's what was going through my mind, when I first took the caked on paint from this portrait, only to later completely "wipe it out". It was going really well yesterday and then today... it went somewhere else. I forgot to document it, so this photo shows it pretty well scraped off.

So, now it's all gone and in it's place is a different source photo of my daughter and son-in-law. They have some great 'cruise' photos on Facebook, which I found interesting and have been downloading. They were screaming for a painting. The one I am using now, doesn't have much contrast, the rosey colored paint is all the warmth/contrast there was, so I came in from the cold to tweak the photo and put some warmth/saturation and color into it on PS. Now I have a WIP (the first 3 letters of the above).
We have about 2 inches of snow and lots of wind and cold. What do you have?

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!