Friday, May 3, 2013

A Landscape Painting in Oil

"Klamath River Inlet"
10" x 20"
oil on wrapped canvas
(wet paint causes shine)

Last year, we took a long RV trip to the west coast and the northwest areas of Oregon and Cali.  We stayed for a few days at an RV park that was right along
the beautiful Klamath River in California, 
just east of where it meets with the Pacific Ocean - 
and we then took time to visit the Redwoods.

All this week I have been waiting for the oils (below) I ordered to arrive - 



...of course they show up AFTER
I am done with this landscape...but I ordered some new colors...new paintline for me ~ Vasari.  I have never spent this kind of $money$ on paint.  
These colors are the Scott Christensen colors.  They are Sage, Bluff, Adobe, Bice, Jasper, Cedar, ShipRock, and Silver Point - 
they even sound yummy!  Now if I could just paint like Scott - hmm.
Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This has such a lovely softness, Pattie - giving it great atmosphere and depth. Love it!

Barbara Pask said...

This is beautiful Pattie, love the panoramic view. Let us know what you think of the new paints. I bet you'll love them.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Claire and Barb - I so appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment!

suzanneberry said...

beautifully done pattie, it's wonderful! don't cha just love to get new paints? enjoy. looking forward to what you do with them.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!