Thursday, May 30, 2013

WIP - An Oil Painting of a Cottonwood


This Cottonwood tree lives up the farm road - out on the edge of a crop field. I have wanted to paint it for a long time - but was wary of it - so many branches.
Well, these past two weeks I have been tackling it.
I have a little bit more to do before I am satisfied with it.
It is 20" x 20" on my OWN stretched canvas.  I say OWN in caps, because I finally got around to it (used to do it exclusively back in 'the day') - been wanting to for a long time, much more economical and I have that control over it's quality.  Check back soon for it's final photo.

2 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Wow Pattie, It is a complicated subject. Love the light on the branches. You should keep this one. Trees can mean a lot to us can't they?

Pattie Wall said...

That's it, this is complicated and I waited and waited until I had the right mindset to tackle it...I have trouble slowing down, am a fast painter and like to get em done and move on, and am working on 'slowing' just a bit - just to see...but slow painting is not as exciting to me (the task of it anyway).

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!