Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy Blogiversary to Me!!

Today is 6 (six) years since beginning this blog.
I feel it waxing and waning throughout 
the days, weeks and months of this year, especially.
Life is that way, too. 

Been busy, my Dad was here for a visit which was some excellent 'father/family time'.   We have also been working and working outdoors taking care of things that have been a couple of years unkempt..the drought last year and my inability to do much with healing of my ankle surgeries (which was the meaning of that 'do much' department) has us now trimming, planting, cutting, cleaning, sprucing, and falling in love again with this land we inhabit, the earth, 
and all the wild animals we share this space with.  Reclaiming the 'garden spot' for veggie planting has taken some time, but things are beginning there.  
Trying some lettuces for the first time this year - along with tomatoes, peppers, squash, zucchinis, pumpkins, herbs...
and that will more than fill the 20' x 50' area.

There is a lot of maintenance that needs to occur when you own land and multiple buildings, as well, and altho I am not in the studio - my mind still swirls about stretching a couple of B I G canvases and just painting away.  That should begin here soon, as days get too hot around the noon hour and beyond (this week earlier we had temps in the high 90's - as some of you did too, I hear) to keep it up and maybe (just maybe) there will be an occasional 'weather event' that causes us to stay inside.

So while I seem to be taking an unintended 'breather' ~

IN SIX YEARS ~ HERE'S the NUMBERS:
Posts = 940
Page views = 45,143
Comments = 2,222
A N D
(drum roll here....)


Followers = 177

'Giveaways' usually go hand-in-hand with Blogiversaries - 
however, 
I'm sorry to announce, 
it won't be happening this year.  
Maybe next.  You just never know.
I am just thankful for YOU ~ dear reader.
Thanks for hanging in there with me.

 and on today's weather front 
BIG WINDS
BIG HAIL
and 
so forth and so on...
I think those frisky tornadoes will skirt us.





6 comments:

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Congratulations! I've enjoyed all of these years following you! So happy for you!

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your words of encouragement!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Happy Blogiversary to YOU, Ms Pattie!!! May you have many more!!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Vic and Diane!!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I am sorry I missed the actual date...but want to wish you a belated HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY! I have been following your blog for a very long time, and have loved every entry. My hope is some day we might meet in person, because I already consider you a friend!

Helen H Trachy said...

I'm a bit late but Happy Anniversary to you Patti. Hope you go on painting and blogging for our pleasure. Cheers

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!