Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DAY 14 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Wrap Around"
6" x 8"
oil on canvasboard


Ideally, my favorite kind of deck on a house.  
Someday...
The inspiration for this painting was
 from a source I found 
on a photo sharing site.
But I often flip the photo and take 
things out that bother me visually, change colors and 
surfaces and even sometimes - light, that is a real challenge.

I wanted this simple and uncluttered ~ and it is.

I would like to do this one larger some day..
and when it gets a little dryer, 
I AM going to work on those
Adirondack chairs a little more - 
this canvas was too
small to do them justice.

That's what I am finding, in the time I have to paint something, 
I am actually trying these subjects out 
for larger stuff one day.

ONWARD!

Gypsy Kings
Genesis
on the carousel today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pattie,

We love your paintings, especially your Adirondack chairs. Please take a look at our painted Adirondack chairs for inspiration - http://adirondackchairsonly.com/painted-adirondack-chairs--furniture.php

We had a contest recently where people used Adirondack chairs as the canvas similar to this - http://aldermanarts.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/28/adirondack_chairs.jpg

Victoria on Okinawa said...

A very welcoming place! Thanks for letting us know how this challenge is helping you for future paintings! Looking forward to those too!

Pattie Wall said...

Well, it's not every day, someone offers their source photos for your usage - thanks Adirondack Chairs! You have some very nice ones! And thanks Victoria.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!