Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 8 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days


"Late Afternoon Shadows"
7" x 10" 
watercolor on Arches


This may look like winter to you, but to tell the truth, the photo was 
SOOO green and summery.  I chose to use some different light and color.  
It is the park at Deschutes River State 
Recreation Area in Oregon where we Rv'd 2 years ago.  
Pretty place - love the trees and the shadows at that time of day - 
made it very inviting.
I am not happy with this one but I figure 'painting one painting a sitting/day' 
I am not going to get it the way I intended it - every time at the easel.  
Win some and learn some.

Artist's I had in the carousel today:
Stevie Nicks
Cheap Trick
Coldplay
J.T.
and a few movie theme soundtracks

30 in 30 website at the top in sidebar



4 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Victoria said...

The colors in this painting reflects the weather you all are having now! Cold and crisp! and a mystery!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks for your comment Victoria, altho I never thought of cold and crisp looking inviting, maybe it does to those who LIKE that - I used to.

suzanneberry said...

Wonderful Pattie! Paint on! Great attitude..I need to adapt it! Win some, learn some indeed!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!