Friday, January 13, 2017

DAY 13 - Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days (Yupo)

"Floral Crown"
8" x 10"
watercolor, marker and pencil on YUPO

Good/bad time to try something new.  I purchased 
some YUPO paper several months ago and
wondered if I had the time this afternoon
to experiment with it and get something
worth posting that is not what I usually have done 
with YUPO before.
I experimented and found
it's a bigger learning curve
than I originally thought.

Once down, you have to leave the watercolor alone, 
If you go back, you just about take the pigment back out.
The surface is really slick and NON absorbent,
so the medium just sits atop - puddling and pooling.
I have tried it with alcohol inks, just dropping the ink
and letting it bleed into different colors.
Lots of fun, but trying to control it
is a real task.

Didn't leave enough time to play with it 
anymore, had to call it done.

This is PAR for Friday the 13th.


2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

I think Friday the 13th must be your lucky day, Pattie. This is a beautiful painting!!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Chris - it is not one of my faves at all, but it's a day of painting!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!