Monday, February 12, 2018

Day 12 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Cardinals Appear When Angels are Near" so the saying goes. 

"Redbird"
purchase info
5" x 7"
pastel and pencil on pumiced and underpainted Gatorboard

This little portrait of a red cardinal is a reminder
that we're never far apart from our departed loved ones.
They show up when we are remembering them the most 
and their spirit will help the person live on in your heart.

As a symbol, I have experienced this one 
a bunch.  There was JUST a pair at my farmstead in Kansas.
JUST two, male and female.  Always there, always calling one another,
never far apart.  My mom passed about 6 years ago, and my dad just over a year.  
I always believed these birds were there to remind me 
of how much my parents were loved and vice versa.

Just in time for Valentine's Day!







No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!