Monday, February 5, 2018

Day 5 of Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Beaver"
6" x 6"
pastel on tinted and pumiced gatorboard

I have never painted a beaver before - or any rodent for that matter.
Beavers make great dams - I DO know that.  Some people
complain about them and their dam making.  The interesting thing
about them is they create wetland areas that help the surrounding ecosystem
thrive.  Yes, they can be destructive of trees..but it's not like they
tear down an entire forest all at once.

Once again, I see an area that I need to address in the painting
after hurrying to take a photo and post it.
Maybe later.

Wildlife Symbols That Define Us is a perfect
theme for me this go round.
I am really enjoying it!

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

It's obvious you are enjoying it, Pattie! I don't think I've ever seen an attractive beaver before.
Love him!

Pattie Wall said...

Me neither, I was hoping to make him attractive. Thanks!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!