Sunday, February 18, 2018

DAY 18 of Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Giraffe"
Purchase info
8" x 11"
watercolor and pastel on Art Spectrum

Giraffe is your symbol for expanding your psychic awareness
and getting your ready to take on all tasks.
I feel like that could be me today, but so much to do outside and the
wind is crazy strong.

Giraffe is also noted to be gentle of spirit 
but strong on kick!  I would imagine in the wild
a giraffe has not much else to defend itself with.  

This one went together very quickly and I purposely
left some spaces unworked to let the
underpaint show through.


6 comments:

SharonKullberg said...

Maybe the background is overdone but the beauty of the bear With its warm colors just glow!

Laurie Mueller said...

This giraffe is awesome. I can't believe how you use color-within each color are several other colors, all melded beautifully.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Sharon - perhaps it reads pretty busy, but I was going for a carnival of color on Giraffe - bear background was NOT what I wanted but it's how it turned out - daily painting - right? Thanks Laurie, some surfaces allow you to mix like you want, while others don't always.

Sheila said...

Love the yellow highlights, and the bit under his chin. The patterns in the background are super :) terrific all around :)

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you - have had mixed reviews/comments on the busy background, but I LOVE doing my painting like that.

SharonKullberg said...

So my post about the background had to do with the bear not the giraffe. Somehow scrolling through your wonderful work, I ended up on the wrong page - sorry about that!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!