Friday, January 21, 2022

A Painting of Ali in graphite gray

 

"Ali" watercolor
8" x 8" cradled Ampersand board

I have been following Ali Cavanaugh on Patreon for a couple of years.  
I have LOTS to learn with
painting the face in watercolor.  
More practice would definitely be golden, 
the other kinds of painting (like the newly found greatness and 
interest of Pan Pastel) get in the way.
I don't have the 'softness' yet in my renditions of the face and hair like I want.
For me, there is quite a 'mind switch' from the 
opaqueness of acrylic and the transparency of watercolor.
I'll get it eventually. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful painting, well done
Transitions are rich learning experiences in how to handle the paint as well as how we feel about our art.

Pattie Wall said...

Right on!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!