Monday, January 31, 2022

Shine

 At the current time, I have been working on a watercolor for a 'challenge' in a group I belong to ~

 Ali Gator Watercolor Community with Ali Cavanaugh on Patreon.

The challenge this time was paint a 'self-reflection' - self portrait 

in a reflective surface.  The example given was this M.C. Escher painting.

 I could have used a shiny cooking pot or a shiny hubcap 
or a window with sunlight
to REFLECT my image into, however, I have always wanted a 
'Gazing Globe Mirror Ball'! 
And what a perfect time to bite the bullet and GET ONE.
Amazon had LOTS of them. I chose a 'not so expensive' 7" silver one.
Couldn't quite figure out how to take a photo of my reflection without
the iPhone camera showing - after many attempts and use of camera space
I came up with one I could paint from. I like the up-front image with my 
iPhone and it's eggplant colored Otter Box right there.  These days -
it's totally a fixture of my persona. I take photos of just about everything. 
Maybe you do, too?
I have over 10K photos on my device I probably
 should deal with....someday soon.

"Shine"
12" x 16"
watercolor on Arches cold press paper

That mirror ball will be a new addition to my garden this SPRING and summer.
I will have to invent a way to keep it from 'blowing away'.😆




2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Wow, Very Nice!
You chose a really good image.

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you!
I took SO many photos the day I was concentrating on it - it was hard to choose - but this one had everything I wanted to paint.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!