Monday, January 24, 2022

On a Roll...

But...don't hold your breath.  I am feeling marvelous that I have painted 7 paintings in a little over a month.  Hope to keep up the momentum.  Why? Because it's GOOD PRACTICE.  Learning new ways to use materials and mediums is a cathartic exercise at this moment in time.  

Here is a new watercolor - done from a reference photo from Terry Colby, who is a contributing photographer on a FB group I follow and have permission to utilize what I find there.  This image appealed to me because of the golden hour sort of light that was tripping across this bird's front surface.  

I purchased some basswood unfinished cradled boards by Ampersand.  I used Kilz house paint to seal them, then I added a few coats of Qor watercolor ground on top.  I love this surface ~ it loves watercolor.

Still wavering between people and animals - I am so much more comfortable with the latter.  Finding the courage to push back into a people portrait next.

"Baltimore Oriole"
8" x 8" 
watercolor on Ampersand/Qor treated cradled board

(not a native of Colorado, but awesome coloring - all the same)


No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!