Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

When I think back, I am amazed at all that's been accomplished as the year whizzed by. I am grateful for the experiences I have had over that time. At times, I would love to freeze moments and I realize that writing about those moments on this blog help me to do just that.
I wish to thank all those who are so supportive, check in with me from time to time, and keep that lifeline
going. Your friendship is a valued commodity! A special thanks to my family - who encourage me and make life interesting and full of love.
Highlights from my art memories are the workshop with Carol Marine and Karin Jurick in Texas in March (where I met and am still in contact with several artist friends - love you guys!), my trip to Guatemala in August to paint with Kaye Franklin, monthly meetings (when I could make it to KC, which BTW was 8 trips) with the Mid-America Pastel Society, another workshop in December with Kaye in Kansas and the many activities with my colleagues and good friends in the North Central Kansas Association of Artists. I have made the transistion from pastel artist to 'proficient oil painter'. (Pair with that, a complete kitchen renovation and keeping up the farmstead grounds and buildings...and a new grandchild!)
As I look ahead, 2009 should be another great year to remember! Considering I traveled over 11,000 miles by car or RV and around 5,000 air travel miles in 2008, my plan is to continue forward with more of the same!
Long range and monthly goals are on the agenda. My goal for the month of January is to do at least 15 portraits, animal or human. Hmm...that means I start today! Long range? Branching out and about - juried regional (and maybe national) shows and competitions and gallery affiliation! Look out world, here I come again!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!