Tuesday, January 20, 2009

While I Was at the Easel...

The world is moving forward again...can you feel it? I can. It is mind boggling to think what this one event today has brought forth. What a mighty piece of history is being made right now. I am thrilled to be able to watch it, savor the moment and enjoy the ride to tomorrow!!

Also exciting for today, (and if my friend Vern hadn't told me, I wouldn't know..) Karin Jurick's portrait challenge is featured on Charley Parker's "Lines and Colors" art blog. Charley's blog is one of those "well written, specific to art and artists and covers the gamet of mediums" kind of blogs. He highlights artists with fresh in-depth insight and content. If you go to Charley's blog, you can see my portrait of Victoria (who lives in Okinawa) - third on the top row, and others...the portrait Vern did is there as well, middle of bottom row.
It gives me goosebumps when I receive this type of recognition.
It's not what it's all about, but it sure is nice when it comes along!
P. S. Victoria also recently organized her awesome studio. Take a look. She has inspired me to do the same, as soon as I get back from Kansas City. Thanks Victoria!

1 comment:

Victoria on Okinawa said...

congratulations!!! So happy for you, it is great to have this kind of recognition and you deserve all of it. Thanks for the plug too and looking forward to your organizing results. Have a good time in KC.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!