Sunday, January 4, 2009

Where I Stand Sunday

We don't receive a newspaper, like we used to when we lived (most of our lives) in the Denver area. There is a local paper which is published once a week. It is about 4 pages. There is a Salina and a Hays paper, two cities each about 100 miles away. Somehow, we can't relate too much to what goes on there, although I always find human interest stories and of course they cover the world news in them. Therefore, we spend most mornings on the internet to satisfy our need to read current events or for that matter - read! I spend lots of time checking in with the incredible blogosphere I belong to, networking in Facebook and reading about and viewing the unbelievable amount of art featured in cyberspace. Hubster spends lots of time looking at his automobile interests, reading news/interests and checking in with friends. All I can say is - thank god the internet was invented and that we have a fairly decent wireless connection! (I am not going to 'dis' my computer at this time, it seems to have heard my 'not so nice' language I had been using towards it lately, and is operating nicely as of this writing - knock on wood. Whatever glitch it had, it got over it - or maybe we both came part way to make amends. LOL)

Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.
Check out the others who blog on this subject on Sundays in my sidebar.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!