Thursday, January 8, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Number 8

"Tempo"
6" x 6"
oil on pine veneer
SOLD

I love it when little kittens are rescued - and this
one was - in August - by my
artist friend Leann, who lives in Michigan.

She and her husband found this
then, 4 week old kitty, without a mom,
without litter mates,
just abandoned near their
rental house they were working on.
And - the short version of the story -
Leann now has a little gray kitty
to go with her other two kitties.

I wanted to paint from a photo she had
posted because it reminds me of a 'heart'.
And I DO 'heart' that this kitty has found a 
good home!!

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So Cute!
It looks like my daughter's male cat!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love your work, Pattie!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Sue and Jenn -

Not Waving But Drowning said...

I came upon your blog by accident and will continue to follow it. I love this work. It's hard to capture the nuances of black cats. They often look "flat" in photos. But, you've managed to get the variances in the fur. Plus, you have the personality down. It's obvious you are a fan of them.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!