Saturday, January 24, 2015

Number 24 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Amy and Pete"
6" x 6"
watermedia on Strathmore
SOLD

Amy was in my first and second grade classroom
 and I helped 
with her education beyond those
years, in my Title I classroom 
when I was a school teacher.
Her mom was one of my 
excellent educational assistants!
I have loved keeping in
touch with her over all these years.

She lives in Burlington, Co.

When I put the request out for photos to paint from
for this challenge, Amy's were the very first to arrive.

I painted her Hampshire piglet, Gumball, a few weeks ago, 
as #3 of the challenge.

Knowing her for the many years as a child ~ allowed me to 
make a perfect likeness of her.
Her top was DARK blue and white, but I decided, 
I liked the first blue I put down - 
goes with her very beautiful blue eyes.

THANKS ~ Amy!!



3 comments:

Andersson Blue Design said...

Lovely painting! I like the composition a lot. Beautiful colors. Cute dog also!

Very well done!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you!

pomegranates said...

Love the graphic punch of this composition! Striking...

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!