Tuesday, March 3, 2020

A Pastel of a Wolf


"Wildwood Marauder"
9" x 12" in an 11" x 14" frame
pastel on Kitty Wallis sandpaper
(been coveting that paper for awhile, almost out
and I heard she doesn't make it anymore?)

 The photos I took of this one didn't turn out true to the color of the background 
and no matter
how hard I tried it, I could not Photoshop it to the correct hue.
I think it was the late afternoon light in the studio.
I will try another couple of photos of it, before I put it behind
the glass. This was one of those..."OK, I am pissed off
because another painting (an acrylic) is NOT happening!" ~
began this one and it was like it drew itself.

I really think I was meant to just DO wild dogs.



No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!