Sunday, March 1, 2020

Where I Stand Sunday


As I wrote somewhere below, Chaco, the dachshund, the 'wiener' dog, our ONE and ONLY dog is almost 17.  He is doing well...he has the best care from our vets along the way..Dr. Amy in Kansas. Dr. Patti in Pueblo and Dr. Kayla in Westcliffe.  Like in 'people drs'., his vets have seen that he is on the right amount of meds, supplements and food.  If you would have asked me - way back - when we had 3 dogs, who would live the longest? - it would NOT have been Chaco..but HERE HE IS.  

He still has a cute attitude and a bit of humor going on.  His antics makes us laugh and smile.  He sometimes lopes along/a sort of 'bounce', in a pseudo-run.  His sight is going and he needs you to clap loudly if you want his attention.  (Kind of like us, as we age.)  Chaco howls when I am gone, just like a hound dog.  (We have always been very attached to one another.)  He is an old man..but a sweet old man at best, altho sometimes he gets 'cranky' and can reach out and snap at you..we had to learn how to get around him with hands and arms..so as not to get nailed.  He needs to be carried out to do his 'jobs', but we don't mind, it keeps US hoppin'.  Neither of us have ever had a dog reach this old age, so we are experiencing it one-day-at-a-time. 

Our dogs have been everything to us.  Married for almost 21 years, we have always had dogs. I don't know what we will do when Chaco goes.  No doubt our lives will change greatly. However, I don't worry about it, as life will be ~ what it is.  It's March, a month that brings that idea of 'luck'.  We are LUCKY to have him, each day a gift in that regard.

SO, HERE I stand this Sunday, MARCH 1st...both of us giving Chaco some 'bouncing' time 'out front'.  Nice that the mud freezes each night...doesn't get mucky until afternoon, and then we try to steer clear of it. Enjoy your day!


  


He is hopping into the wind.



Chaco with Herman in 2007.

"Where I Stand Sunday" is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend
my life standing.  Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend out lives walking on.
I am not the only one who posts about this - google it.

1 comment:

Janis said...

I love reading these Pattie, please keep writing (and standing).

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!