Monday, March 2, 2020

Doing It Now


An art friend shared this poem many years ago.  Since then, I have had it 'always' hanging on my easel in the studio.  This country's political news creates such a stir and at this point,  I am only heeding the important 'health organization' and health 'expert's' words. 

There are a lot of variables in my own health that make me a little nervous about this entire virus outbreak from this point forward.  Bottom line, I have to keep this virus away from 
me and my family.  And I know that is your plan, too.

Know that if you are my friend, I may back way off when you come for a hug when we see each other - it's only for survival at this point.  I will not be making travel to the big cities, or operating in big crowds any time soon. Self protection is the key.  I don't feel as though it is a matter of just washing hands, although I do it constantlly.  Not thinking about it as much as I first was, and considering I didn't contract Ebola, SARS, MERS, H1N1, or any of those others ~ is my shining star.     
I have to read this poem every day...and know that every day is a gift. 
 Make the most of your gift today.  
Paint on!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!