Sunday, March 29, 2020

Where I Stand Sunday with the Sunrise




For the last 2+ years, I have been able to rise (most days) and stand on my front deck and catch beautiful sunrises over the Wet Mountains, in Colorado.  In the evening, I stand on the back deck and catch the sunsets over the Sangre de Cristo mountains.  Today was no exception.  My phone and my cameras are full of colorfully awesome skies - morning and evening.

In a quiet space in my head as I view these spectacular events, that song from 'Fiddler on the Roof', always plays...

Sunrise, sunset, Sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly fly the years.
One season following another, 
Laden with happiness and tears.

and although we are in a much HEEDED 'lockdown' with most everyone else on the planet, it seems like time is standing still, but the days continue to fly by - a contradiction of events. Here are a few more morning breaths of color...






I am grateful to be able to see these skies each day.
"Where I Stand Sunday" is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.  Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend out lives walking on.I am not the only one who posts about this - google it.

1 comment:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I am grateful you posted the beautiful photos.
The first time I saw a sky in those colors, like I'd seen on postcards of the West, it was magically stunning. I told my siblings the sky is really those colors!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!