Sunday, March 22, 2020

Where I Stand Sunday - Looking for Signs

The Hope of Spring - that is what I went looking for today.
The only thing 'green' in this high desert setting is the Yucca plants, BUT their
greening, definitely spruces up the landscape.  Maybe there is HOPE.


I checked the local ant hill, no activity yet but I know they will be back, they always are.


Looked at the birdhouses, as I know the Bluebirds have returned, but they aren't around the houses too much yet.  When I DO see them, they seemed to have picked their houses for their spring brooding.  That is HOPE. We have about 7 birdhouses, all cleaned out recently, thanks to DH.


AS you probably ARE...I am doing lots of little things today that need to be done once in awhile, like clean the shower, vacuum the house, clean up the stack of dishes from last night and this morning...living off-grid as we are,  we don't do dishes after the sun goes down, 
we generally wait til after breakfast and showers.  

Once upon a time I was gluten-free...it helped my stomach for sure..but since then I have lightened up on my gluten-free life - I eat food with gluten once in awhile. One of the great things I kept doing since those days is baking gluten-free banana nut bread.  It is so good.  Cooking and baking have taken a special place in my days.  I want to make good food and I want us to eat as healthy as we can, eating lots of immunity enhancing items.  I have one of those very poor immune systems.
More thoughtful meal planning, also, helps to keep that battle against LOWER immunity going. 


NOW that my income taxes are done..(what a struggle because I generally SO dislike doing them),
 I am ready to return FULL FORCE to my studio. That is HOPE.

DH and I have lived remote for MANY years..we chose that when we retired.  We lived on a 100 yr old farmstead on 7 acres near a very small community in Kansas for the first 11 years and now live on a 40 acre ranch near another small community in Southern Colorado.  We are hermits - and that is the way we like it.  It isn't hard at all for us to 'distance' ourselves from others.

Today I am sad.  I think about all the people who have died due to COVID 19, all over the world..and how the relatives and friends are coping (or not) with those losses.  There doesn't seem to be much HOPE there. 

It's important to stay in touch with one another.  Even if it is on social media.  I use Facebook Purity (an app you can download to your FB) and I put in 'keywords' that eliminate the crap that is being shared.  I choose only what I want to read about or see.  It helps keep my blood pressure in check - ha ha.  And I have 'snoozed' MANY people, as well.  Feels much better.  

So MY HOPE for you is you are keeping a positive vibe for yourself and your loved ones, you are taking care of yourself and washing hands and keeping distance..
and you have LOTS to keep you busy.  
I would love to say, "It'll be alright, don't worry!", but you wouldn't believe me because I
don't believe it myself.

"Where I Stand Sunday" is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend
my life standing.  Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend out lives walking on.
I am not the only one who posts about this - google it.





No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!